Thursday, April 8, 2010

News & Observations - 1


In past most of the time we all see several government schemes for poor people only in News Papers. It may not be implemented properly or it will be in paper level just for eye wash.


During my last India visit (4th march 2010 to 26th march 2010) I came across few of government schemes in and around my village.

News
Under the National Rural Guarantee Scheme one member from each of India's 60 million rural households is guaranteed 100 days of work each year. They will receive a minimum wage of 60 rupees ($1.35) or an unemployment allowance if there is no work. The scheme will target India’s 60m rural households.


Observations
Yes, I saw the scheme implemented well in my village and several nearby villages. Even the workers are getting around Rs 50.00 in average.
But, the work efficiency achieved by this scheme will be less than 30%, based on my study and discussion with various people, those who work under this scheme are just sitting ideal for most of the time and the work assigned to them also useless.

News
Tamil Nadu government signed as agreement with the Hyderabad based Emergency Management Research Institute to provide free emergency assistance to people across the state through an integrated dialing code “108”


Observations
Yes, my close friends got a major accident few months ago nearby my village; they were timely transported to hospital by 108.

Even I saw a 108 Ambulance in very remote village during my travel across my district.

Also one of my relative’s friend got job as 108 Ambulance’s driver.

There are times, where bullock carts, tractors, TVS 50s ect are used as ambulance in village sides. I am really happy about this 108 Scheme.

News
Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi on Friday launched the free color televisions for the poor scheme near here and asserted that the DMK was committed to fulfilling all election promises.


Observations
Yes, in my village almost everyone is having that color T.V.
But it is distributed to everyone irrespective of reach and poor. I think those who are in DMK party will definitely have at least one T.V

News
Referring to the success of the self-help group movement in the State, Mr.Stalin said there were about 4.24 lakh Self Help Groups (SHG) in Tamil Nadu now.


Observation
Yes, I think there are 4 to 6 “Women self-help groups” are there in my village. They are getting enough funds and they are replaying sincerely.

But, the members of “Women self-Help groups” are forced to take part in rally to welcome ministers ect. During Mr. Stalin visit to my nearby village, these women were forced to stand under sun for several hours. End of the day they got Rs.50.00 and a Briyani Parcel.

Apart from above

I saw, Rice Rs.2 per kg in + low cost grocery items in public distribution system.

I saw Child Nutrition Scheme

I saw Rs. 6000 through Tamilnadu government Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy 

Maternity Assistance Scheme.

Free Electricity to farmers

Free Bus pass to school students

Rural Water supply Scheme etc

Primary, secondary, higher, Arts & Science, Technical, Engineering educations

Etc