Friday, December 18, 2009

Treachery to my friendship



After finishing Diploma in Chemical Technology, I joined B. Tech Chemical in SVCE, Chennai as lateral entry (direct second year). About 17 students joined during that year, most of them are not from Chennai including me.

I felt very much uncomfortable to mingle with Chennai students. Their Hi Fi talks, city cultures (we call it as peter guys) etc made us to stare. I am not good at English by that time (STILL). I felt like fish out of water.



By that time, I met another lateral entry person; he is very simple, thin and confident. Almost in first few meeting, I felt that he is another best friend I got. He also must felt the same. With in very short period we became thick friends. He is GANGADHARAN

Those days with Gangadharan are my life shaping days.

He is the person

  • Sowed “entrepreneur ship” seed in my mind
  • Taught “Social responsibility”
  • Made me think more about “Patriotism”
  • Guided me to read lot of books other than subject
  • He insist me to be “Go and Getter” (I am passive most of the time)

He is the Boost, complan, Bonvita, Horlicks ect for me during my college days. We were always together.


During our 6th or 7th semester, Like “Hammer blow on Tom’s head by Jerry” I realize that we were isolated ourselves from our fellow class mats and
friends. Thanks to our friend Arul, he explained me the importance of mingling with other classmates. He said “you guys should make more friends for carrier assistance or higher studies”

We both don’t have any strong back up. I thought I cannot help him better for his carrier and I realized we should mingle with more peoples. I tried to explain this to Gangadharan. He said “together we are stronger…..one good friend is better than several average friends”

I am not convinced by his words and started to avoid him. I stopped talking with him and I changed my class room seat. He was very much upset about my behavior. Literally I saw the pain he is undergoing by that time. I am convinced myself that I am doing the BEST to him.

The distance between us widens and we even stopped smiling and avoided the eye contacts. It became talk of class…”Raj & Gangadharan became enemies”. My homemates also asked “what happened to Gangadharan past few weeks he is not coming to our home” all I said to them was “I am forcing him to mingle with other people and I know how to get him back in my life”

After few months our friends (Arul, Venkat, Guru, Thanges, Basker) tried to bridge our gaps. One fine day they took us to canteen and told us to sort out the differences, we both said we don’t have any difference of opinions or any other problems. We shook hands and I apologies to him. I felt happy that Gangadharan is back in my life. Thanks to Venkat, Arul, Guru, Basker and others.

Now we are friends again but we were unable to be as close as we used to be. I am unable to fill that thin gap.

I realized that no one can mingle with others by force, it should happen by nature. Once again I apologize to him via this blog. Gangadharan I made mistake.